I tried to put tlf into the game and I would like to use my WinKeyer USB for CW keying. There is daemon written in Perl from PA0R but it is designed for serial version of this key. Serial version has different initialization sequences. I tried to modify this daemon for USB version but with no luck. So I decided to write my own.
Many years ago I wanted to test RTTY and the new digital modes. Not too seriously, with a simple interface in KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) style. There is nothing to improve, except my awful PCB design matched to the box I discovered in my junk store.
Thanks to Mike WZ5Q, who graciously pulled the original eprom from his TS-950SDX, we now have an image (BIN) file of the original eprom.
If anyone is interested in updating their 950SDX's firmware to the latest (last) version, I have a few newly burned (aka programmed) firmware chips for the TS-950SDX at a cost of $25 including shipping via USPS first class mail.
The accompanying problem is also the abonormally high CPU load. The problem is instant polling of non-existent (not responding) radio. Your radio setup is probably incorrect, possible a mess in the cqrlog.cfg. Try to downoad a default cqrlog.cfg from here and copy it into your /cqrlog/log_data folder. Backup before your old cqrlog.cfg if you want. The default cqrlog.cfg redirects all polling to the hamlib dummy radio (model=1] and the high CPU load should return to its normal values.