I still have it here. I tried to compile the CQRLOG locally but run into many problems with the needed pascal libraries, so I had to give it up.
Anyhow there are four different connections setup towards the MySQL server. In a normal program I wouldn't have done it like that. I would have gone for only using one connection towards the MySQL server. What happen is that one of these connections doesn't seems to be used and timeout after a while, like 8 hours or so. I haven't succeeded increasing the timeout for the, in my case MariaDB, server. The keep alive function isn't enough either for not having the MariaDB to not timeout.
There is also a slight packaging problem on my Mint 20 Linux, and that is that the CQRLOG forces me to install MariaDB on the same machine as the CQRLOG is running. I think this is a too stringent requirement. I should only recommend it. The reason this is causing problems is that I have my MariaDB running on a different virtual machine where the server is serving other applications as well.
I wonder the problem with pascal. Just "apt-get install lazarus" makes it all. After that you just fetch source with git and compile with make. No need to open Lazarus GUI at all.
There are several connections as program has multiple threads running "in their own life" and so it is good that every thread is independent what comes to mysql access.
Packages are sometimes handy. like installing Lazarus. They install all needed dependencies too. But often they are also a painful nightmares.
Cqrlog, when compiled, or installed by extracting tar package from download page does not care about any dependencies. That is the way for virtual machine running on top of sql server.
It was end of last year I tried to compile it. I can try again to install and run it. But if I remember right it was packages that lazarus refereed to that had the wrong version. Unfortunately not uncommon.
Regarding the threading I know that you might have different ways of doing it. In this case it is clear to me after a lot of wiresharking :) that it is one of the threads that fails. For some reason it is not used. I have not been able to identify it though, unfortunately.
The packaging problem is related to the specific packaging on Mint / Ubuntu. It has nothing to do with your code. Every time I install a new official release I have to go through the process of fixing it. It is probably causing less pain for an ordinary user but for me with a more complicated setup it is as you state a nightmare. I have not filed a bug report on it, which I probably should do...
Anyhow his is the best logging program I have found for Linux so that is why I am using it and have spent some time trying to fix the minor glitches!
I have written some compile specific messages. This was the last that was easiest to find. It is for RPi but it goes just the same way with Mint. Install cqrlog with that. https://www.cqrlog.com/node/3124 Just forget the cqrlog package from list.
If you have clean virtual Mint see what happens. It may start ok if you use always external DB server. If, not you will see what it complains. Maybe ssl, tqsl and something like that. Add them then manually.
Perhaps I should try one day that kind of install to see what is needed if only external DB server is used (I.E. what is already installed with Mint OS install) I also have virtual Mint for testing.
Thanks for your information!
I now have a Docker CQRLOG compilation image set up as you describe on Github. It works great after a minor bug fix:
I like this way of compiling it :) So now I have a self-compiled version up and running here. Currently it is running with Wireshark logging all MySQL communication towards the server.
Thanks for your help so far!
I have now opened a new bug report:
Timeout when running CQRLOG towards MySQL / MariaDB under Linux
I just read you comment on Github regarding Debian Stretch. My build-server is actually a Debian Stretch machine so that might explain my problems! I will try a Docker build instead. Thanks for the info at Github!
After cloning Github and staying on "master" I have a problem build the Docker image. The reason in that I get some error messages that different release files for eoan doesn't exist. I have updated the the FROM line in the Dockerfile from ubuntu:eoan to ubuntu:latest and am currently trying with that instead.
There are currently 0 users online.