Hello, CQRlog developers and users,
I propose to make contest fields same as all other fields. What do you think?
- Whether the contest fields are visible in the "New QSO" window or not is controlled by some new option in preferences.
- When those fields are visible, they behave exactly like the other fields we already have. They are usable for entering new QSO data and also for displaying or editing an existing QSO. Same as all the other fields there.
- When those fields are not visible in "New QSO", the effect is as if the user never typed in anything into them. (When editing existing QSOs, that means any contest data is left untouched.)
- Visibility of contest fields in "New QSO" and visibility of the contest window become independent. (Users of small screens will appreciate this.)
- Typing stuff into the contest fields of "New QSO" and typing stuff into the contest window is handled uniformly for all fields: Be it "call" or be it "contest serial" or whatever.
- Whether "serial number sent" is increased automatically also becomes a preference. That preference steers functionality in both the "New QSO" and the contest window.
I think this would maximize usability and, maybe more importantly, minimize confusion.
Vy 73, Andreas, DJ3EI