After the recent country files problems and noticing that the version I was running was still 2.2.0, I decided to look into that and see what the problem was. Being a long time Linux user, I tend to have a habit of building from source. There wasn't a prebuilt package for everything when I started and old habits are hard to break... So, I did a find on cqrlog and noticed there was a bin directory in my home directory that had cqrlog in it. No idea how that got there. I deleted the bin directory in my home directory and now the desktop shortcut launches cqrlog version 2.3.0 Weird...
Thanks guys for cqrlog! It is the best logger we have for Linux.