After upgrade into Fedora 21

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
oh1mrr
After upgrade into Fedora 21

CQRlog does not work, as expected.. Namely I get following flag.
Invalid type cast.
Press OK to ignore and risk data corruption.
Press Cancel to kill the program.
And if I continue I get...
TMySQL56Connection can not work with the installed MySQL client version: Expected (5.6), got (10.0.14-MariaDB).
Press OK to ignore and risk data corruption.
Press Cancel to kill the program.
And here's debug ....
**** DEBUG LEVEL 1 ****
 
Loading libssl: /usr/lib/libssl.so.1.0.1j
Loading libcrypto: /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.10
Loading libmysqlclient: /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.18
**************************
MySQL version: 10.
**************************
Loaded 78113 LoTW users
Loaded 86807 eQSL users
Loaded 47254 SCP calls
*
User home directory:    /home/oh1mrr/
Program home directory: /home/oh1mrr/.config/cqrlog/
Data directory:         /home/oh1mrr/.config/cqrlog/database/
Memebers directory:     /usr/share/cqrlog/members/
ZIP code directory:     /usr/share/cqrlog/zipcodes/
Binary dir:             /usr/bin/
Share dir:              /usr/share/cqrlog/
TConnection to MySQL:   10
*
141211 17:26:17 mysqld_safe Logging to '/home/oh1mrr/.config/cqrlog/database//mysql.err'.
141211 17:26:17 mysqld_safe Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /home/oh1mrr/.config/cqrlog/database/
TApplication.HandleException Invalid type cast
  Stack trace:
  $080F7698
  $0817281B
  $082C3048
  $082E90AF
  $082E9806
  $08173C95
  $083597E5
  $0835974F
  $0834DB74
  $B6EC2012
OnCloseQuery - NewQSO
select count(*) from .cqrlog_config
 
TApplication.HandleException TMySQL56Connection can not work with the installed MySQL client version: Expected (5.6), got (10.0.14-MariaDB).
  Stack trace:
  $0846AFDB
  $084019D2
  $0840290E
  $08423B63
  $083F2682
  $08423A55
  $080DA789
  $080E0115
  $080875A0
  $080E0F45
  $0835B6E8
  $080DE696
  $082E90AF
  $082E9806
  $082E8FBA
  $0806E696
  $082B59DF
Closing DXCluster window
Closing TRXControl window
Closing GrayLine window
Closing dDXCC
Deleting config file: cqrlog.cfg
Closing dData
/home/oh1mrr/.config/cqrlog/database/oh1mrr.ampr.org.pid
Command: 
kill 2697
 
(cqrlog:2557): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 16 was not found when attempting to remove it
 
(cqrlog:2557): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 15 was not found when attempting to remove it
 
(cqrlog:2557): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 48 was not found when attempting to remove it
 
(cqrlog:2557): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 47 was not found when attempting to remove it
 
(cqrlog:2557): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 53 was not found when attempting to remove it
 
(cqrlog:2557): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 52 was not found when attempting to remove it
WARNING: TLCLComponent.Destroy with LCLRefCount>0. Hint: Maybe the component is processing an event?
Closing ini file ...
 
So how can I proceed?
 

AA6KJ
same problem here...

I also posted a bugzilla report to redhat.com about this. At the moment, is there any workaround for this problem?
Also, fedora is lagging behind in cqrlog version because someone has not updated free pascal and lazarus to latest versions :-( I have complained a few times but I guess everyone there has been too busy with the new release...
Jussi (AA6KJ)
 

AA6KJ
got it to work...

I installed the latest fpc (2.7.x branch), new lazarus from source and cqrlog from the git repo. Then I edited the following files to force them use mysql 5.6 (all data structures are for 56 - some were for 55 and caused type conversion errors during runtime):
dData.pas, dLogUpload.pas, dDXCluster.pas, fDBConnect.pas
If you want, I can send you the binary (hoping that it does not reference shared libs that you don't have), which was compiled on Fedora 21. Now I could get back on band -- except -- we are expecting up to 70 MPH winds and I suspect that my antenna will become a kite :-(
Jussi (AA6KJ)
ps. fpc 2.7.x is apparently needed for new mariadb support.

oh1mrr
I have used tgz package all

I have used tgz package all the time, not Fedoras rpm. Ok with binary, I can test it.
Propably Petr will take care of this issue also. I think all distros are moving on. 
Heavy wind here also, +3C, not snow, seems to become black Xmas...
 

Jarmo

AA6KJ
required changes

I will put up the binary for download this weekend. Basically the changes that I had to make were:
1) Use new fpc 2.7.x so that the sql connection can proceed with an unusual version number response.
2) The variable (currency type) used in cqrlog for version number cannot deal with this new mariadb version number. I just did a quick hack and removed the version number checking and it now does 5.6 only. The correct fix would probably be to read the version number as a string and do string comparisons.
3) I made sure that only 5.6 stuff was included and that all the sql data structures are of 56 type. Otherwise, one gets type cast runtime error messages. For example, trying to fillout 5.5 structure with 5.6 type cast, will give such an error.
These changes appeared in the four files I mentioned above. I've seen at least one instance when cqrlog crashed (without any followup dialogs etc.) but I was unable to reproduce that. I suspect that this might be related to using the experimental fpc compiler. So, while things kind of work, there are still issues.
Jussi (AA6KJ)

oh1mrr
Started ok, workin without

Started ok, workin without hickups so far, tnx for million
 

Jarmo

AA6KJ
latest git version

Hi Jarmo,
The latest git version of cqrlog (thanks to Petr) now compiles and works OK with fpc 2.6.4.
Jussi (AA6KJ)